This topic is being update all the time with the current targets reached on our way to the final goal.
If you don’t know what this is about, please take a few minutes and click the link to get an explanation. Even if that info is a couple of years old, the idea is the same. I even marked out the most crucial information in red to make it easier for ya.
Here we go again then… Over the last few months quite a few mails have been sent to me from people asking when they can start to donate to make the next album happen, just like “The Cadaverous Retaliation Agenda” was brought to life – through the assistance of The Haters. Well, the time has come. Considering we will need a bigger budget than last time we better get this going right away if we’re ever to reach the goal. The plans are to complete this recording sometime during 2014. You who follow the updates know where we are at right now, so keep on checking out our official site, our forums and our Facebook page for the latest info, always. Anyways, the last time we did this Experiment, it worked out. I am eternally grateful for it and it still puzzles me. Can it be done again? Well… I don’t really know to be honest. I’m not taking anything for granted. But I am willing to give it a try. The worst thing that could happen is that your money will be returned and the recording will not come to fruition. Simple as that.
So, this donations thing then… A lot of you guys that I have been talking to the last months seem to think that having a fixed sum for donations (of course with the option of donating more if you feel like doing so) is the way to go, simply becoz of a few reasons:
1. Last time we got a bunch of 1 dollar (and a few less than that, really) donations. Those were obviously made by people who wanted to leak the recording on the Internet and nothing else. I stuck to my word and sent the album to EVERYONE who made a donation, no matter how big or small it was. That’s what I promised to do, and that’s what I did. Only problem was Judas leaked it, as explained.
2. So, in accordance to what you guys think is a great idea – there will be a minimum sum for donations this time if you wanna get the album when it’s done. This way, Judas will at least have to pay what everyone else pay before the vermin can leak it.
Let me explain a few other things before we move on…
1. We need to hit the 10000 dollar mark to be able to pay for the services of everyone involved. Recording vocals, drums and get the damn thing mixed and mastered (by the mighty Dan Swanö at Unisound as always). Yes, it’s double the amount compared to what we spent on “TCRA”, and this time around it’s needed becoz we’re stepping things up a bit studio/recording wise and I want to make sure that we’re getting the best result we can get on all accounts. It’s not about making a fuck-ton of cash to spend on whiskey and hookers (I’d ask for 25000 dollars if that was the case), it’s for making sure we can do everything humanly possible to get the best goddamn material we have ever done out to you Haters, presented in the best way we can.
2. This 10000 dollar goal is JUST for covering the recording and making sure you guys get a complete album, sounding as fucken awesome as possible. I’m not even thinking about pressing physical CD’s at this point.
3. You’ll, just like last time, get both an instrumental digital version of the album as well as the real deal, in various formats (WAV, MP3′s in high quality – complete with a printable booklet and everything if you wanna do your own CD). Since you already helped us in creating “TCRA”, you already know how this works.
4. This coming album is not recorded for media in any way, shape or form. It’s being brought to life for myself, everyone involved and for YOU who support the cause and make it happen. No one else. I have no interest in media coverage or reviews any longer. It matters not to me. Creating this beast and eventually being able to share it with the ones who give a fuck about TPH is the only thing I care about.
So, do you wanna be a part of making this album see the light of day? Here are the conditions:
1. Donate a fixed sum of 150 SEK, 18 Euros or 25 US dollars (or anything you feel is reasonable above that) through PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Bank transfer:
Account holder: K. Philipson
Account: 8164-6,4 234 547-0
IBAN: SE60 8000 0816 4600 4234 5470
716 21 Fjugesta
3. E-mail us (just to be safe) at email@example.com and let us know about your donation so we can put your e-mail address down as for where to send the download link when the album is completed sometime later this year if everything goes according to plan (shit can always fuck up plans, you know).
I will keep you all updated on every 500 dollar mark we reach until/if we get to the goal of 10000 dollars. And I will naturally keep you updated on the process of completing everything as we go along as well.
So, now we’ll see if this works out once again and if we can get our best effort yet out to you guys. No matter what, I thank you for the support you have shown in the past. You’re the reason we could do “TCRA”, and if this new album becomes a reality – it’s thanx to you and no one else.
Spread the word. Revolutionize the business once again.
1. Almost last off: if you’re curious about the process of completing the eventual net album, this is the link to click. I update that topic over at our forums as soon as I have something of value to say and/or when something major has happened that I believe you might give a shit about knowing.
2. And last off: or you could head over to our Facebook where there are updates every now and then, not necessarily posted at our official website.
TPH has not been a “real” band for many, many years, which comes as no surprise to most of you. I have always brought in the people I view as the best for the purpose of creating what I have in mind at the specific time. They are all a huge part of what we have created on each and every album and I thank all of them for the work they have done.
Now it’s time for some changes once again.
After two albums with the magnificent Ruby Roque I have decided to take a different route with the female vocals for this next chapter of TPH, meaning there will be a new woman taking care of those parts on this new album. I wish Ruby nothing but the best and I’m sure you’ll hear from her again in other musical endeavors. There’s no drama about this, it’s just a natural decision for me when I feel it’s time to move forward and bring TPH into new territories. Thanx for the great work, kid.
And another thing: drummer extra-ordinaire Dirk Verbeuren will once again handle the drums for this next piece of TPH-history, for which I am extremely thankful. To have, in my opinion, the best goddamned drummer around doing the drums for TPH is just mindblowing.
Oh, and there might be a few other new people involved as we go along… we’ll see…
Last off, I am working my goddamn ass off on a daily basis with this next beast, and plan to do so for quite some time coz there’s A LOT happening with it, and I have never, ever been so satisfied with anything I have ever created before. This will take the time it needs and deserves. And as mentioned tons of time before – it will be majestic.
Trust me on this.
What do you know… Obviously the right time came faster than expected…
04:00 in the morning – perfect time for orchestrations? On with the hoodie, go into the darkness of The Dungeon, fire up the programs, put on the AKG’s and get to work.
09:00 in the morning – perfect time to consider the 6th song finished for this first stage of said orchestrations.
That’s how you start off your day if you wanna get shit done it seems. Now it’s time to let these tunes rest for a bit and clear my head from the insane amount of work that has been put down with these things, just to return in a bit and check everything… again… again… and again. Until this phase feels perfect. But you already knew this since I pretty much state the same crap with every update I do.
But now the major work with the strings and orchestrations is fucken completed and it feels absolutely majestic.
I will combine the MASSIVE detail work (this is where effects, atmospheres, loops and whatnot comes into the picture) that is about to take place with eventual alterations and finetuning to the orchestras, but now it’s seriously shaping up as I envisioned it and it’s quite a relief coz I have no idea how many goddamn hours have went into this part. These orchestrations are definitely on another level than before, I have put a hell of a lot more time into them than on any other previous album (and it’s not exactly like those are created in 5 seconds either) we’ve done, and it will pay off in the end. One of these days you’ll see what I mean perhaps.
So, don’t expect many updates about the work I will do from now on with the songs coz now it’ll be small bits’n'pieces pretty much every day until it’s done. If something major happens that I believe you’d take interest in knowing, be sure I’ll hand that info out. As always. Some of you seem to give a shit.
Last off, people have asked about when they can donate to finance the recording of this album. I haven’t really had the time to fire any of that up since the music’s been craving all my attention, but I’ll work everything out eventually. There’s no rush and it’s a fucken long way to go before this one is completed, but I’ll try to get it to it asap. The interesting part will see if it works out this second time as well…
Thanx so much for the support, Haters.
Did you guys survive the holidays? Have you been celebrating Christ and spread His eternal love? What a shame if so.
Me? I have been doing everything in my power to summon utter darkness and blasphemy in the shape of orchestrations, meaning song number 5 is now completed for this first phase of symphonic elements. Only 1 more song to do before it’s time to go thru everything a couple of hundred times to see what can be added/removed/enhanced etc…
I wanna thank the masters over at Toontrack for their amazing software as well as Native Instruments‘ dito, not to mention the Symphobia heroes and all the rest whose stuff I have been so lucky to be able to use, means helping me to construct this mammoth. Now it’s time for a break and then start the orchestral work for the 6th and final track whenever the time is right.
It’s shaping up, piece by piece, and it sounds absolutely crushing. Maybe one of these days you might get a teaser. Then again – probably not anytime soon, nope…
While you guys are preparing to celebrate New Year’s Eve I am celebrating the completion of the first round of strings for song number 4. After getting some 14 tracks of string orchestrations for this one I consider it to be pretty much wrapped up. This means there’s 4 down and 2 more to go before I move into the next phase of building this beast. I have told you earlier that I have never worked so hard on anything before as I do with this new material, the same goes for all the orchestras. To see layer after layer building the vision is amazing and there is zero doubt that this one will be something out of the ordinary yet again, and without a doubt it’ll be the grandest thing TPH‘s ever done.
As mentioned before I plan on spending the better part of 2014 on this album, maybe it’ll be completed during the coming year even – that remains to be seen. But if things continue to move forward as they have so far – we are advancing at rapid speed. Also as told, I have so many ideas for this. At the moment I won’t reveal anything, you’ll just have to wait and see what happens with it all as we go along.
I will keep you informed every now and then when something of importance is achieved, but for now I’ll go back to this blasphemous creation coz I have devilry to attend to.